How to throw the best stress-free dinner party ever!
The other night, the hubs and decided to have a Saturday night in with another couple friend of ours. Like a fancy pansy grown-up dinner party!
He was in charge of the food where he got a couple of amazing grass-fed Angus steaks on the grill and whipped up his famous aglio olio while I contributed err, the salad.
And the pretty dinner set up!
That you won't believe, I had picked up from IKEA within an hour.
Here's what I got!
1) MÄRIT Table-runner $5.90 (link)
2) KNYCK Napkin holder $7.90 (link)
3) Paper napkins $2.50 (link)
4) ARV Plate in Grey (link)
5) ENIGT Side plate $2.90 (link)
6) FÄRGRIK Plate in Black $4.50 (link)
7) BLANDA Serving bowl $4.90 (link)
8) HEMSMAK bottle with stopper $1.90 (link)
9) KORKEN Jar with lid $2.90 (link)
10) REKTANGEL Vase $6.90 (link)
11) SALTIG scented decoration stick $2.90 (link)
12) PJÄTTERYD pictures of 3 (global travels) $24.90 (link)
I then ran (ok fine, strolled) to Giant conveniently located next to IKEA at Tampines and grabbed my salad greens, popcorn (cause I felt like it) and grapes for dessert... and voila! Our fancy dinner party :)
We had SUCH a great time!
Our guests couldn't believe that my entire set up had cost me only $100 thereabouts and couldn't stop raving about the hub's pasta.
It was absolutely DIVINE, I tell you.
I might share the recipe next month in my upcoming Cook With IKEA post - so stay tuned ;)
317 Alexandra Road,
60 Tampines North Drive 2,
This is a sponsored collaboration with IKEA but all opinions, as always, are my own.