I made cookies!!!
We were at Cold Storage when the boy complained that all his friends’ wives always cook for them (market spoilers on Facebook!) and the only stuff I’ve made him are salads lol
So I accepted the challenge, Barney Stinson style.
The only problem is, the last time I actually baked was 14 years ago - when I was in secondary school lol.
And I actually still remember the recipe BY HEART.
So while I was all yaya-papaya and acting like a pro while baking, deep down I was worried that the cookies will turn out like shit cause I know the boy will NEVER let me live it down.
Thank god the cookies turned out perfect! Just like how I remember them to be :D And the boy was pretty impressed! :v:
But my #1 fan is actually my father-in-law lol! He ate at least 10 cookies and proclaimed that they’re better than Famous Amos’s wtf.
Here’s the idiot-proof recipe if you’re interested :)
Chocolate Chip Cookies
125g salted butter
150g plain flour
1 egg, beaten
150g chocolate chips (it’s up to you actually depending on how you like them, or replace it with whatever ‘filling’ you want instead)
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees C
- Mix butter and sugar until fluffy then slowly beat in the egg, sift in the floor and mix together.
- Mix in the chocolate chips
- Using 2 teaspoons, spoon dollops of cookie dough onto the baking sheet (feel free to pinch some yummy cookie dough) and pop it into the oven. Bake for 12-14 minutes at 180 degrees C.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes then ENJOY - goes especially well with a cup of milk! :D