Oh hello there, June.
Now that we're two days into June, I feel obliged to take stock about what's going on in my life and how much I've accomplished (or not accomplished lol) thus far in 2017.
1. I cut my hair! - Nothing significant, I mean it's not like I got a bob or bangs but my trusty hairdresser Elein from Artistry Hair Professional made the call to snip off 6 inches with a pretty blunt cut and it's amazing what a good haircut can do. My hair now frames my face so well as you can see from these pictures, it's a lot more manageable even if I don't blow dry and wearing it straight makes me look younger. Or at least I'd like to think so lol.
2. Reading I've been reading a lot more this year. But with the exception of Platform Revolution, the rest of the books are
sadly stuff like Crazy Rich Asians, China Rich Girlfriend and Rich People Problems (are we seeing a pattern here lol?) I've also completed Where Rainbows End (too sappy for my liking) and Techbitch which is kinda like a modern-day The Devil Wears Prada set in this Instagram era.
3. Turning four June is also when the hubs and I celebrate our wedding anniversary - as we threw two parties, we usually pick the date that is more convenient lol. This year, it's the later one cause he has night flying and errr, I need more time for his present to arrive. But celebrations aside, sometimes I find it hard to believe that it's been almost 1500 days of marriage. We fight A LOT less now - I'd like to think that it's because I have learnt the art of closing one eye (actually, let's make that two) and I think our relationship is in a rather good place. In fact, now he's the one edging me to take pictures of this and that for Instagram. Kinda annoying actually lol.
4. Exercise Or rather, the lack of it. I've been super ill-disciplined this year. I've stopped yoga as you can tell haha. I still swim... maybe once a week? But getting to the pool is SUCH a chore. I'll tell myself it looks like it's gonna rain. I don't want to wash my hair. My dog looks sad that I'm going out... whatever reason really. But I usually manage to drag myself there. There is a problem with swimming though - I usually get impossibly hungry after and last weekend I managed to wolf down 7 chicken wings (we perfected our Bonchon-ish recipe) and half a wok of truffle fries.
5. Yoghurt Specifically froyo. More specifically, Yogurtland. For the past two weeks, I've been to Suntec City no less than 10 times - sometimes unintentionally cause of work, sometimes intentionally cause of work and sometimes for dinner with the hubs and it's all because of Yogurtland. It's ALL I've been craving and wanting to eat damnit. Especially the salted caramel pecan flavour and I'm hoping they won't rotate it anytime soon or my world will REALLY fall apart.
6. I love my work! Ok I guess I can divulge more now that we are officiallllllll lol. Besides managing Unscrambled.sg, we've also started a social media and content creation agency. Essentially all things digital but content creation will be core. Managed to sign on a couple of clients from both the private and public sector and it's been a helluva rollercoaster BUT EXCITING ride. I'm super grateful for life and how it has panned out for me to do what (I think) I do best and our clients who believe in our capabilities considering we're a new company (but old farts in this industry lol) and more importantly, for the partner who puts up with my requests to come in office late and leave early cause of reasons like I've got to prepare dinner for my dog. (But I gotta clarify that I make up for the hours at home ok!!!!)
7. Q3 is going to be LIFE CHANGING! I have some major news coming up that I can't wait to reveal but boy, is the next half of the year going to be something. Part of me is a little overwhelmed to be honest but the other part of me can't wait to grab life by the horns and end the year with a bang! We should be spending our Christmas holidays in the UK visiting family (and my precious Star who has since become a expatriate Londoner dog) so yesss, there's much to be looking forward to!
With that, I shall end my Lucky Seven lol. Till the next catch up!
Have a great weekend guys, love always xx