How to make salted caramel sauce!
Remember the day I tried to make macarons?
Obviously that didn't go too well, but THE salted caramel sauce I made - with the intention of going with the macaron shells lol - turned out so perfect, you guys should try it!
120g salted butter
180g brown sugar
120g heavy cream
1 tablespoon corn flour
1 tablespoon sea salt
1) In a saucepan, melt your butter on low heat.
2) Once butter is 3/4 melted, add in brown sugar and mix both ingredients together.
3) Add heavy cream and continue whisking mixture to ensure it's thoroughly mixed.
4) Add corn flour to thicken mixture.
5) Add salt and continue stirring.
6) Leave to cool and pour it into your mason jars to refrigerate.
It should thicken as it cools and goes so, SO well with sliced apples, chocolate cake and just about anything.